How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34283
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Clare Im looking into emigrating with my son from a previous

Customer Question

Hi Clare
Im looking into emigrating with my son from a previous marriage. When we emigrate he will be 16 years old. Do I need his fathers permission still at 16??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where are you planning on going - and does your son wish to move with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Planning on going to Tapou in New Zealand and yes, he wishes to come with us
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Whilst you will still need to notify your ex once your son is 16 he is allowed to decide for himself who he wishes to live with and where.
The New Zealand immigration service may require the permission of the father - or a Court Order permitting the move
Please ask if you need further details