How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34126
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I use small claims payment of child maintenance

Customer Question

Can I use small claims for non payment of child maintenance under a family based arrangement, cms aren't interested in arrears prior to my application and I'm down £1500
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How was the agreement reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Via email correspondence over 12 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately if you try and use the Small Claim Curt procedure you will lose the Court fee as the agreement is not an enforceable contract.
I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details