UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My son is having to emigrate to America with his mother. He…

Customer Question
My son is having...
My son is having to emigrate to America with his mother. He was born on 09.09.2002 and his Mother and I separated in 2003. We were never married. My son says he does not wish to emigrate. Is there Nything Is there anything I can do to stop this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
6/1/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact do you have with your son?
Clare
Max stays with us every Monday evening and then every other weekend although he often stays more than this if he wishes to as he is close to my partner's son. Max is very close to my parents and they have him frequently as well.
Hi
Have you ever obtained Parental Responsibility for your son?
Could you accommodate him if necessary?
Clare