How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is having to emigrate to America with his mother. He

Customer Question

My son is having to emigrate to America with his mother. He was born on 09.09.2002 and his Mother and I separated in 2003. We were never married. My son says he does not wish to emigrate. Is there Nything Is there anything I can do to stop this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact do you have with your son?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Max stays with us every Monday evening and then every other weekend although he often stays more than this if he wishes to as he is close to my partner's son. Max is very close to my parents and they have him frequently as well.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Have you ever obtained Parental Responsibility for your son?
Could you accommodate him if necessary?