How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ClareI am researching emergency custody orders sister.She ha

Customer Question

Hi Clare
I am researching emergency custody orders for my sister.
She has accused her husband of domestic violence against her, and social services have told her to go to a woman's refuge (leave her job, house, life today - or they will take her 3 year old daughter into care)....can me or my parents do anything to help her? Could we apply for custody of my niece?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could your sister and the child move in with one of you temporarily?

Related UK Family Law Questions