How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13471
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm wondering how the best way to go about applying

Customer Question

hello, i'm wondering how the best way to go about applying for a declaration of non parentage ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you named on the birth certificate and what contact do you have with the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clare, I'm not named on the birth certificate. I didn't know about ruby until she was 4, she is 7 now. The past 6 months I've had no contact. And since I have asked for a DNA test I've had no response from the mother. That was about 3 weeks ago now.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
May I ask why you did not ask for a DNA test when the CSA first contacted you?
Have you tried to restart contact at all?