How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering how much a letter to my ex would cost.

Customer Question

Hello, I was wondering how much a letter to my ex would cost.. It's simply to insist on the return of my personal property after a relationship breakdown.. She is not allowing me access it refuses to dusvuss the return of my property.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho owns the property and were you married at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

property was rented and no we weren't married but lived together in this property for ten years..

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Was the tenancy held in her sole name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tenancy was in both names..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want a simple letter stating I want my personal belongings and for this to be arranged as quickly as possible

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Is there any reason why you do not feel able to simply exercise your right to attend the property - whilst sh eis out - and collect your belongings ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I left over 2 years ago and have no means to access the property and she is not cooperating with me in making any arrangement to collect my belongings.. I have made polite requests over several months but she refuses me any access and keeps making excuses whenever I ask when I can collect my things.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
We are a question and answer forum and whilst we can help with drafting we cannot send letters on your behalf. technically there is no reason why you shoudl not send such a letter setting out the value of the items and informing your ex that unless she allows you to collect your belongings you will make a financial claim against her to recover the value of the items if they are not returned.There is no requirement for a lawyer to write such lettersI hope that this is of assistance - if in fact all you still want is a letter then let me know and I will arrange a refund for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please arrange a refund for me as I thought I could get a letter from this site.. Thank you..