How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34121
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need prohibited steps order against mum who try to stop me from visting my child.Am father

This answer was rated:

need prohibited steps order against mum who try to stop me from visting my child.Am father of 2years old child who lives with her mum. Of respect of our agreement i pay weekly min of 50pound. I ask
ex partner for more visisting time than only 3 hours every sunday with no any court involmnen. We are polish. My child was born in uk 2 years ago , beginig of relationship me and my ex. After 1 year time whe i move out she starts making a problems starting of non molestation order. Now am not sure what will happend next. I need support to protect my child to have control of my child uk living or imigration. Please help me . Am not a drinker or drug addict. Am self eployed builder working and dealing wth my clients by myself.I have try all my best to get ex partner and child back. I helped ,i was looking after her and child. But seems i let her go Poland any time she wants my situation is geting worse.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has your ex threatened to take the child out of the country?
What contact do you have with the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare .

She is buing a fly tickets first and than she tells me she is going to Poland to see her family. Already 4 times this year. We agree that i can see my child any time i want but i got only few hours on sundays. She make non molestation order against me becouse i went to her house to see my child just after a week after when she come back from 3 weeks holiday and inform me that my child is seek.(got a food poison) .She never text me back or Phone call when is abroad and i want to know if everythik is ok.

She ask me to pay a 100 per week or i want see my child. She is breaking my name to the family and friends.

Hi Sebastian
How much do you bring home after tax each week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 300, but i do not live with them for the last year. she is on housing benefit etc

i had to move out and now rent a single room for 80 per week


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

am self employed working by myself. all dependng the job . sometims is 400 sometimes is 0

Are you afraid that she will not bring the child back form Poland is that why you wish to stop the trips?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there . Am worry that she always choose the time by her self with not asking me aboult my opinion or plans i have about my child over the christmas time or holiday. She always buy the fly tick et first before asking mi for permision.Child has my surname and my name shows on birth certificate so by law my rights should be the same .but in practicly way looks difrent. I do not want to stop her ,i just want make an order that i need to held all information about what she is planning to do. She never phones me . Am scare that in the future anythink can happend and could be to late to avoid. it. I have resone with not trusting her when after one year time been separate she made the order of non molestation , just becouse i come over to see my child when i did call her and send text massages with question about my child condition and when she never responsed. I have feeling that step by step she is tring to take over all the control over my child. In the uk when we both living she only giving me a 3hours peer week to spend with my child . My child showing a clear evidence that miss me i need me. My little girl can hear my voice from meters away and starts running to me and than giving me huge hug and keep holding me. I realy can not understand why her mum can whatch this and keep asking for more money. Just after she made allogation aginst me . I am realy destroyed.

From what you are saying I think what you actually want is to have a Contact Order that sets out when you will see your daughter - and which your ex will have to respect - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare. Yes ,i think .that will be great option for now. How i can applay strait to the court.

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
In addition your ex needs your permission to take the child abroad - and you are entitle d to have full details IN ADVANCE
Your staring point is to try and discuss these issues with your ex using Family mediation ( to see if agreement can be reached - but if that is not successful then you need to apply to the court on a Form C100 available here and seeking a Defined Contact Order.
the fee is £215 and you can read more about court applictaions here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you