Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi Claire My ex says his solicitor says there is a clause

Hi Claire
My ex says his solicitor says there is a clause that can be done to say that if I have to stay on the mortgage to say that i will not be held liable if my name stays on the mortgage and that the judge can do something and approve this. Is this true? Have you heard of this happening before?

I have let Claire know that your question is waiting. If I can be of further assistance let me know.

I see you've been waiting to some time although the question was originally requested for Claire. Claire does usually come on every day but I have not seen her today.
I am happy to assist you with this or you can of course wait until Claire comes back.
Which would be more convenient for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I will wait for claire

No problem
Hi
My apologies for the delay I have been offline
The solicitor is referring to the fact that your ex will give his promise to the court to pay the mortgage - and to pay you back if he ever defaults and the Mortgage Company ever makes you pay anything
You will still be liable so far as the mortgage company is concerned - and you will struggle to get another mortgage
I hope that this is of help - and thank you for your patience.
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law