Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Claire, quick one: next week teachers are on strike. We only

Claire, quick one: next week teachers are on strike. We only just found out about it. I think I should have half of the day. Do you agree? The consent order specifies insets, holidays, etc to be shared. Strike days? Also, the order specifies the mentioned and if you remember 2 hours for special days like birthdays (not exactly anyone's but closest, again not speccified), religious days like xmas etc.. Its my stepdaughter's birthday in a couple of weeks at the weekend and my children get on fantastic almost like they're not step brothers/sisters. I see know reason why I couldn't ask for 2 hours for us all to be together on that day? What do you think?

I have let Claire know that your question is waiting. If I can be of further assistance let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No problem, I'm happy to wait for Claire to answer ;)

Hi
Yes the strike day should technically be shared - but note the word technically. Courts can get quite upset about undue attempts to count minutes.
I am afraid that the birthdays relate to the children and the parents - so at the moment there is little point in pushing it
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

birthday - ok

strike day - can you explain the "technical" please?

Hi
It is not covered in the Court Order - but I agree by implication strike days should be divided.
However i would not go to court over it - just add it to the list of her refusals to abide by the spirit of the order
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Got it, thanks ;)