Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My ex has moved out the area with my 16 year old daughter and living with a guy . I see my

My ex has moved out the area with my 16 year old daughter and living with a guy . I see my daughter every 2nd weekend ok . I have asked the ex for the address where my daughter is now living . As father I believe I have the right to know where my daughter lives now .
I have also asked for the details for the college where she now goes so I can be informed of progress.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you have a specific question?
Hi
Thank you for your question
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do what I can to help you.
I am afraid that I have bad news for you.
Since your daughter is over 16 your ex does not have to provide the information and you cannot make an application to the court for it.
It is entirely up to your daughter whether or not she tells you these things - unless she has a disability which means that she is not able to do so.
I am sorry to have to tell you this but I am afraid it is the law
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law