How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34142
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Claire, my daughter has an agreement with her childs father

Customer Question

Hi Claire, my daughter has an agreement with her child's father for each to have custody on a 4 days on, 4 days off rota. This was suggested to the court and agreed by them. However, as the child is starting school in a few weeks this is not the best arrangement as the school need to have a more regular idea of who will be collecting her. How easy would it be to change the agreement to maybe a week on, week off rota?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Can I see if I can help? If they merely have an agreement between the two of them then there is nothing to stop them agreeing (if they can) for a one week on one week off arrangement. This is becoming much more common by way of a shared residence agreement. It also to my mind works a lot better as the child knows the rota a lot better.

Please remember to rate
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
Was this an actual court Order an if so when was it made?
Does the father agree that this will not be workable when the child is at school?
If the child is only just starting school will a week on week off rota actually be suitable (the current research on the point is worrying)

Related UK Family Law Questions