How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34282
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Person(A) dies without making a will - he has no wife and no

Customer Question

Person(A) dies without making a will - he has no wife and no
He does have I sister who is next of kin.
He did have a second sister who died 17 years ago.
That second sister had 2 children still alive.

How should the proceeds of the estate be split.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

What is the value of the estate?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
Whatever the value of the estate the Intestacy rules apply.
Under these the estate should be split into two equal shares - with one share going to the surviving sister and the other share being divided equally between the other sisters children
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details