How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34124
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Claire My ex has got rid of his solicitor as you know and

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire
My ex has got rid of his solicitor as you know and hasn't done the Form E. My solicitor has written to the court and told them he hasn't got a solicitor and that we have been unable to exchange form E's because of this. What will happen next will the court write to my ex or give us instructions what to do next? I am so frustrated I wanted this sorted it has gone on longer enough and it is preventing me from moving on and living my life. I am struggling to live under the same roof as him

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

How long have you been married and do you have any children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is Claire not available today as she knows all the details?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We were married for 16 years and the absolute went through last month. We have 3 children aged, 16,14 and 8 and the middle one wants to live with her dad. We are still living under same roof as all my money is in property and cannot afford to move out til it is sorted that is why I wanted to go to court but my ex keeps delaying things. Its awful living under the same roof I cannot take much more.

I am going to opt out of this for Claire. She will be along at some stage
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thank you anyway.

I am a little surprised that your Solicitor has done this as it is inviting the Court to point out that your Form E could (indeed should) be sent directly to your ex
However I hope he has also invited the Court to attach a Penal Notice to the Order for the Form E in order that your ex can be threatened with Prison if he continues to delay
I hope that this is of assistance
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34124
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you