How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34283
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, i have to prepare a concise statement of the apparent issues

This answer was rated:

Hi, i have to prepare a concise statement of the apparent issues between myself the applicant and my ex. our grounds for divorce are five years seperation. Any ideas what i should be looking to write?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help but need some further information first?
Why is this statement required?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's to accompany Form G. I have done a chronology which i believe to be a timeline of the events of our marriage, and it also requests the above statement


Is this dealing with the Financial side of the divorce?
Have you exchanged Form's E?
Or is the divorce defended?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, yes, we have exchanged Form's E. And yes this is with the financial side of the divorce.

The Statement of issues should identify those financial matters on which you are not agreed.
For instance - you may agree on the value of the matrimonial home - but not how the equity should be divided between you - or you may disagree on both issues.
Equally there may be an issue about whether you need ongoing spouse maintenance; whether any particular investment was actually an inherited asset or similar disputes - those are what the statement should identify - basically the issues the Court may have to make decisions on
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you