How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have just been forced by CSA to pay for an 8 year old

This answer was rated:

I have just been forced by CSA to pay for an 8 year old child of my ex wife. I am trying to find out how i can get a court order paternity test, what forms i need to do this. She is refusing to do one and the CSA have basically said tough i still have to pay. I dont know where to turn or who can help
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was the child born whilst you were married?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Yes the child was born while we were still married and i am on the birth certificate. She cheated on my and admitted to this and also told me the child was not mine. I have not heard from her in almost 8 years.

She has now separated from her third husband who i believe to be the father.

In that case you need to make an application to the court for a Defined Contact Order and a Specific Issue Order.
This is done using a form C100 available here
and paying the fee of £215.
At the first hearing you can ask for a DNA test
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you