How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 89 yr old Mother in Law is being harassed by Her Grandsons

Customer Question

My 89 yr old Mother in Law is being harassed by Her Grandsons ex Girlfriend the Grandson lives with her and helps her what can I do to stop this XXXXX XXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

What did the police do? Does the father want residence of the child?

Why does she do this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Police gave Her a warning this is twice now He cannot have custody of the Child as He lives with His Grandmother who is 89 and frail

She does this because the Father and Grandmother both Love the Child

and do not want to see her distressed The Child becomes a Pawn it is causing My Mothering Law a lot of distress can I take an injunction Out to Stop her coming to the house.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I am afraid that there is nothing you can do to stop this as you do not live there
However the father could apply for a Defined Contact Order setting out when he has the child - and a prohibited Steps Order to prevent his ex bringing the child to the property when he is not there
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details