How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34123
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

both me and my partner have shared custody and shared residency

This answer was rated:

both me and my partner have shared custody and shared residency of my daughter she is currently living at his house but we are going to court on the 20th of august because i want her to return home with me she went to stay with him last year following my breakdown because i thought it would be in her best interest i have now fully recovered and am back on my feet and have my 3 other daugheters (aged 9 8 and 6) living with me and i am currently having kelli for 2 nights a week whilst waiting to go to court i have kelli tomorrow and am planning on taking all the girls on a trip oout for the day i contacted my ex partner and told him that he can eithe rpick kelli up at half nine in the morning or at 6pm when we get back and he said he wants her back at 3pm so i again told him that we were going to be out for the day and if he wanted her back before 6pm he would have to pick her up at 9:30 am he then sent me a text message saying let me make this easier for you if i dont pick kelli up at 3 then i will ring social services and the police because it is abduction i just want to know if he can do that kelli will be 3 next month by the way
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to help you.
Please ignore his threats.
Neither Social Services nor the Police will be interested in his telephone call as unless you intend taking her out of the country it is not abduction
Simply repeat his options and of he doesn't collect her at 9.30 then take her home when you get home
An email copied to your solicitor would be the best way of ensuring that you have evidence of the offer
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What happens if he refuses to let me see her after this I have just received a very angry phone call from him saying that he is calling the police and calling social services if I don't tell him where I am right now I have kept all the text messages from last night giving him the options on 4 or 5 occasions
You have done nothing wrong.
Is there a court order in place regarding the current contact?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No nothing we have been negotiating through solicitors and have reached an agreement tried mediation still nothing social services didn't remove her from my care I asked her dad to have her temporary so I could get back on my feet and he wouldn't let her return to my care afterwards our first court hearing is on the 20th of August
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry was supposed to say hasn't not had
If he does stop contact then it will certainly have a negative effect on his case in the long term which may make him think hard about refusing contact.
If not your solicitor can ask for a further directions hearing to deal with the issue
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for all your help its been very much appreciated at a time when I couldn't get on contact with my own solicitor I will rate you and transfer the funds now thanks again :-)
You are welcome - good luck