Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi, I got absolute divorce but there is a spieling error in

Hi, I got absolute divorce but there is a spieling error in my surname it could be one l but there are two (ll) I have informed the home office about this divorce but just now have seen this error - is any problem with that? do I need to get in touch with court again for the correction?

Thank you.
Hi
Thank you for your question
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was this the only document it was misspelt on?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Actually this is annulment absolute and the only mistake on the document is the spelling error, nearly in the end of my surname written two ll instead one and one minor mistake on the paper is the date of my marriage as if it was on 20th September 2011 but could be 13th September 2011.

Please inform me - could it be valued document for me ? or I must amend it to resend the home office?

Thank you.

Hi
Which court issued this?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Edmonton Country Court

HI
Was the name spelt correctly on the marriage certificate and all the other court documents?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on nisi decree was the same mistake as I found out now but there was mistake regarding my former wife's name as well which they corrected soon as I requested...As far as I remember on the marriage certificate everything was fine but please inform me in case if it is not...

and please inform me in case the spelling error derives form my marriage certificate what ‘s happening then? And the date of marriage is important for the correction as well?

Hi
The Spelling on the Decree should match the Spelling on the Marriage Certificate as should the date.
If they do not match then a letter to the court should lead to a swift rectification
If the spelling error was on the marriage Certificate then you will need to ask the court to change the name and add the words (erroneously described as xxxx on the birth certificate)
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

which means the copy of annulment I sent to the home office is not valid and I have to ask to the court to amend it and resend to the home office again.

One more question please: will the home office ask me to amend the copy of this annulment if I do not resend the right one to them?

Hi
It is valid - it merely needs amending to be correct - it would be best to get this done as the Home Office can indeed be difficult about such things
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks!

Best

Zurab

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please one more question: can the home office cross me as there was some error in the copy of this annulment I sent?

Hi
It is unlikely that you will be penalised for a Court error
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!

Zurab

HI
You are most welcome - good luck
Claire