How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex said today he was going to get rid of his solicitor and

This answer was rated:

my ex said today he was going to get rid of his solicitor and has not even prepared to start Form E. Our form E's are due on 14 August. What is the law? Is he allowed to delay and ask for further time as he is dragging his feet. Also if the court day is cancelled do I suffer with the court fees too or will the court realise he is delaying and charge him?
Thank you for your question
When is the first hearing date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

September 18th

Then after 14th August write to the Court and ask that a Penal Notice is attached to the Order
Once you have the Order with the Penal Notice attached you will need to arrange for it to be personally served on your ex.
If he continues to ignore the Form E then you will be able to apply to the court for him to be sent to prison.
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions