How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have an indirect contact order for my child with a previous

This answer was rated:

We have an indirect contact order for my child with a previous partner. This is for once a year contact in August away from any holiday or special dates but she has attempted to contact the children 6 times since December including birthdays xmas day etc what do I do next
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old are the children and how has your ex attempted to contact them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Chloe is 3 and Dean is 6 we set up an email account which was supposed to be for parental responsibility issues and confirming dates for the contact aswell as good subjects to talk about in the indirect contact school work etc. My ex is due in court on 2nd August to answer charges of GBH with intent on my daughter.

So what have the attempts consisted of?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Emails stating how much she loves them etc she had been warned by the Local Council solicitors that took the children off her that she was breaching the order but has continued and as there supervision order has expired are not able to help us anymore

So she hasn't actually attempted to make direct contact with the children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Is there an order restricting the contact your ex can have with you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No only relating to the children

Then I am afraid that there is nothing that you can do about the emails that she is sending you.
Of course if she turns up at the schools or outside your house to actually try and see the children then that is a different matter and you can apply for an Order preventing her form approaching within 200 meters of you or the children but emailing and asking for extra contact is not something that can be stopped
I am sorry not to be more positive - please ask if you need further detail
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you