How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am currently living in Australia and am currently in the

This answer was rated:

Hi I am currently living in Australia and am currently in the process of divorcing my wife in England. As we have a couple of properties in negative equity, we have agree to sit on them together for a few years and therefore I plan to get the Decree Absolute but hold off on the clean break agreement untill the properties can be dealt with. My question is, if I get the Decree Absolute without a clean break agreement would my soon to be ex wife have any right to claim any of my future earnings or property. This is a concern as when I get the Decree Absolute I would like to buy a property in Australia.


Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
In fact there is no reason to delay the Clean Break Order - you can simply ensure that the Order reflects the plan that you have made - this will ensure that any future assets you acquire are not at any risk - as they technically would be if you delayed
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Clare and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you