UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

My ex doesnt want to go to court and is trying to agree a

My ex doesn't want to...
My ex doesn't want to go to court and is trying to agree a settlement. Originally he went off his valuation and I said no. If we went to court would they split the 2 valuation down the middle? And if we are sharing the children what are the chances of me getting over 50%? If this is possibly the most I will get is it worth wasting thousands of pounds in court and a lo of stress?
7/15/2013
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
HI
They will either split the two - or order a third from a valuer you both agree on - then that valuation is it.
I would say that you have a good chance of a 60/40 split in your favour - and if he does not want to go to court then dig your heels in!
Claire

But what about the cost implications. won't I lose out in the long run with the court cost expenses?

Hi
How much is the total equity/assets?
Claire

On my valuation the house is worth £480,000. On his it is worth £440,000 less the mortgage of £280,000.

Hi
Are there any other assets?
Claire

Endowment policy worth £1,454 each. A building plot which we both agree to sell at £40,000. I am owed £8979 out of partnership accounts.

Hi
10% is worth about £22000 - so it could well be worth a fight
Claire
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Clare
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor