How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced my absolute came through the other day. We are

This answer was rated:

I am divorced my absolute came through the other day. We are going to court in September. If I was to rent somewhere now would I still lose any shares in the property? I am finding it very difficult with the bees around and cannot go outside the back door safely now. Can't enjoy the sunshine living here over the summer.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
You will not loose and interest in the property if you move out.
HOWEVER if the children stay with him then it will strengthen his case to remain there until the youngest is 18 without paying you your share and it will also make it more difficult to ensure that any sale actually goes through at a reasonable price
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you