How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex husband filed for a divorce in 20,04 and the decree absolute came through in march 0

This answer was rated:

my ex husband filed for a divorce in 20,04 and the decree absolute came through in march 05.
Because I was in the wrong and had a n affair to get out of the marriage my ex knew I felt bad and basically screwed me financially. We made £126.000 on the sale of the house he got £90.000 and I was left with £36.000.
We have a child and at the time he was only .7 and me and his dad decided to go for shared care.
Our son is now 16, hates being with his dad and wants to be with me and his step dad. It just goules me that my ex had the most of the settlement, remarried with another child. When we got divorced i didnt sign anything to say that I agreed with the settlement. Is there a way I can get what im owed?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Have you actually remarried?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I remarried 6 years ago

I am so very sorry but the fact that you have remarried means that there is definitely no application that you can now make in respect of the finances
There is of course no guarantee that you could have done so anyway - but there is little point in now exploring that further
Your son however is now free to live wherever he wishes
However disappointing I hope that this is helpful please ask if you need further explanation
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you