How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorced husband sold all the marital assets and bought

Customer Question

My divorced husband sold all the marital assets and bought a new car with the proceeds I need to find out the car details to make a claim how do I find them
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please continue with my query have you had any progress ?


Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

Not yet. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute and was a financial agreement made at the time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The decree absolute was Sept 2012 no financial agreement I was under the impression we were ok to settle between us. We were married for 43 yrs.

I don't have a lot of money to spend as I am a pensioner. All I need to know is how can I get the car registration details as I am taking this to court but can't afford a lot of investigative fees ect.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Actually you may not need them.
Just to check - which of you issued the petition and does your ex have a private pension at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I issued the petition and no there is no private pension

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any idea of how much is involved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Around £50000

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You do not need to have the Registration number
You need to make an application for Financial Matters to be dealt with using a Form A available here
The fee is £240 unless you are eligible for Fee remission - the form is here
This will then lock you into a process that will mean that he has to give all the necessary information
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask for any further information you need