How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After LPC course, i moved into my girlfriends family house

This answer was rated:

For the last 5 months of our university course , my ex-partner and i lived together at my parents property near to our university. After successfully completing my university course, i moved into my girlfriend/ex-partners family house where i lived for24 weeks, sharing a room with my ex-partner and sharing the house with her family. My baby girl was born 11/12/12 and my ex-partner threw me out when my daughter was only a few days old because she saw old facebook message in facebook history section, i did not have an affair nor did she accuse me of having an affair.My ex-partner has registered my daughters birth, the day after she threw me out, but not entered me on the birth certificate. She declared father unknown even though she acknowledges me as the father.My ex-partner and baby continue to live at her parents home. I am allowed to have contact with my baby for 1 hour once a week. I pay £200 per month to my ex-partner to support my baby. i have no disposable income and borrow money every week simply to pay for my food and fuel to get to work. I need to know how i can get a Declaration of Paternity/Parentage please. I would also like to know how much access/contact time i am allowed and how often, with my daughter.

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Do you wish to have a Declaration of Parentage or are you content to have a Parental Responsibility Order?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know whats best for me. I want to be known as the father of my child and would like my name to be on the birth certificate, i am happy for my child to live with her mother but want regular access for reasonable time, for example i was only allowed 1 hour this week meaning i didnt have time to drive home with my baby as i live 25 minutes from her house so we just sat in the car at a roadside lay-by.

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
The current contact you are having is simply not adequate
There are two sets of Court Action that you can take.
You can apply to the Court for a Defined Contact Order and for Parental Responsibility for the child.
This is done using a Form C100 available here
and the fee is £200
If you also wish to have your name recorded on the Birth Certificate then you will need this form
and the fee is £120
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further help
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Clare and 3 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you