How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34285
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Claire When can I get a court order to force a sale?

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire

When can I get a court order to force a sale? Do we have to go through the whole process of ancillary relief or can it be done at any point?
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
I am afraid that the only effective way that you can get an order for sale is within the Ancillary Relief proceedings.
You could try a property law application - but then all your ex would need to do is issue the Ancillary relief application and at that point you will have paid for the first application for nothing.
Sorry to give such bad news - starting the process remains the most effective way of dealing with matters
Clare and 3 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you