How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34233
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my partner ( who I live with) stop me taking my child to

This answer was rated:

Can my partner ( who I live with) stop me taking my child to visit her grandmother ( my mother ) ?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old is the child and why does your partner wish to prevent the visit?
Are you named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I am on the birth certificate as the father - our daughter is three weeks old. My partner dislikes my mother, I'm not exactly sure why, she has developed a hatred of her over the last year and creates havoc whenever I discuss my mother or visit her.
You have parental responsibility for the child and when you have the child in your care you can take her where ever you want so long as you do not place her at risk
Whether ii is worth the risk to your relationship is of course a different matter
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you