How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Greek Citizen and I would like to buy a flat in London

This answer was rated:

I am a Greek Citizen and I would like to buy a flat in London for my 11 year old daughter as an investment for her?

1. Can I do that?
2. Can the flat be rented until she is 18 when she will manage it by herself? Who is going to receive the rent?
3. Can I live there myself until she is 18?
4. I was never married to her mother. Do I need her mothers consent?

Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
1.Because your daughter is only 11 you cannot purchase the property in her name but you can set up a Trust for her and the Trust can hold the property
2.The Trust can receive the rent
3. Yes
4. No
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much Claire,


1. How is the trust being managed then? ie. can the trust rent the flat for 3 years and then I live in the flat for 2 years and then it is rented again? What I mean will I have any control over the trust?


2. Can the rents received be invested or spent? Do I have any control of it all?


Thank you in advance

Since you will be the one setting up the Trust you can decide how these matters are dealt with!
Clare and 3 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you