Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My soon to be ex wife want my new address. I have Moved in

My soon to be ex wife want my new address. I have
Moved in with my new girlfriend and we are having a baby together, also I am away with work 3 months at a time so my girlfriend will be in the house on her own. My kids are 4,7 and I will see them eveytime I come home. Bit now my ex is saying she
Will stop me seeing my kids if I don't give her my new address my girlfriend does not want her to have It due to she will be on her own while I'm away.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Is there history of harassment from the STB ex?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is txt messages that threated me with stopping me seeing my kids and about stopping the divorce
Hi
Thank you for your question.
When you see your children will they be staying with you overnight?
Has your ex ever threatened your new partner in any way?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, my children will be staying with me and my girlfriend over night, some times for a week or two, she has never been violent physically, but has been abusive with text messages, for instance, threatening to stop the divorce and take me for every thing, to let you understand the settlement is £15000, and that is fine, but every time she wants the address and I say no she leaves me on tenterhooks by threatening to stop the divorce and take me for all my money, it gets to the point that my girlfriend is going to leave me if the threats from her continue.

Hi
I am sorry but if the children are going to be staying at the property then it is reasonable that your ex should know the address where they are staying - unless there was evidence of violence by your ex against your partner
If you do not give her the address and she stops contact then the only basis on which the court would order it is if you gave the address.
If your ex then did harass your new partner then she must report it to the police
I appreciate that this is not the news you wanted - but it is realistic I am afraid and a matter that you have to address.
Please ask if you need further clarification
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law