How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34274
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started work in local gov. in oct 1968 . I divorced in 1993.I

This answer was rated:

I started work in local gov. in oct 1968 . I divorced in 1993.I stopped working for local gov.in1993 due to ill health and from the time I am entitled to a gov. pension.when I retire in 2015 and am in receipt of my state pension as well.What is my ex. entitled to.
Thank you for your question.
Please confirm which country you were divorced in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Was a final financial order made within the Divorce Proceedings?
If so what did it say?
Has your ex remarried at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she would recieve 15 pound a week till she remarried or died. She has not remarried

What other income does she have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have little contact with my ex.However from my daughter I understand she rents out several houses is retired( she is 62) and has an alternative health business e.g. how to loose weight, stop smoking etc. We were married 20 odd years

Then she has no claim on your pension - you simply have to continue the payments that you are currently making
I hope that this is of assistance
Clare and 2 other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks a lot I am surprised that she has no entitlement,I presume this is because of the houses and so.

In 1993 it was not possible to "share" a pension in any way - and the legislation that came in is not retrospective.
My concern was that she could try applying for an Increase in Maintenance - but the income and assets she has should protect you from that