How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we got married in April 2007. she had a baby after two year

This answer was rated:

we got married in April 2007. she had a baby after two year with some one else during a marriage. After that, she had a another baby with some one else during a marriage. now we decide to get divorce. my question is ''WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILDREN''. ( i have never agreed to accept these kids with her) she admits that they are her kids with some one else. she put a divorce petition on the base of unreasonable behavior and put a date of last live together on 01/02/2011. and she put in the petition that they are her kids and has nothing to do with me. i sigh and send it back but judge asks her to fill a form of arrangement of children.what she should write on the form about kids? we don't have any property. she might be agree if i ask her to sign some documents.
MY Question is, what should i write in children of arrangement form and who will be responsible for children's finance?
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
Are you named on the birth certificates?
Have you ever lived with the children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, i am not named on the birth certificates.


yes, i did (according to petition filled) i did not live with her but she put in petition we live togather last on 01/02/2011 which is after two kids was born. can i chat on line with you?

She simply needs to fill the form in confirming that they are her children and not yours and giving details of their Health and Education.
The form is here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A maintenance calculation has been made under the Child Support Act 1991, or, an application has been
made for a maintenance calculation, but it has not yet been determined, and the details are as follows?

The following agreement has been reached in relation to child maintenance?

No agreement has been reached and no application has been made for a maintenance calculation?


what should she write for these answer so that i don't have to have her children responsibility?

The third option is the one to tick
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


and judge wrote to her that :

please note that the district judge having considered the evidence filed , is not satisfied that the petitioner is entitled to the decree sought , because


The petitioner is to explain why there is no statement of arrangement with respect to the children referred to at part 7 of the petition on what basis are the not ''children of the family''


The petitioner should deal with the above matters and renew the request for directions for trial


what should i do now?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you reply me plz?

All that needs to be done is for your ex to complete a Statement Of Arrangements for Children Form.
The Court wants to know what the arrangements are for those children - no more and no less.
Her completing the form will not make you responsible for the Children.
You have said it is her Petition so there should be no reason for her not to complete the form with the necessary details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

as you said: select this option:

No agreement has been reached and no application has been made for a maintenance calculation?

By selecting this, will judge not take his decition against me

and what should i say where judge asked her to explain what basis are the not ''children of the family''?

The Court will not do anything at all - this is merely for their information.
She should explain that the children are not yours and you never treated them as such
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can u help me filling a children of arrangement form? Plz thanks

u r online right now. I have filled all this form apart from 3 question. It will take only 5 min to fill it.


Your wife - the mother of the children - needs to complete and sign the form.
Which questions are causing problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

5. Have you (the Petitioner) and Respondent agreed to these contact arrangements


Q nub:5

Q nub:15

17. If you are not agreed as to the arrangements for the children, are you intending to: • seek to resolve matters with the Respondent directly? Yes No

• propose the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation? Yes No

If No, would you agree to do so? Yes No

• make an application to the court? Yes No

I assume that you are both agreed that you will not have contact with the children so
5. No - The respondent does not wish to have contact
15. No and No agreement has been reached for maintenance
17 All No
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, we r both agree.

She will fill this fourm.

Can we both signed on same time and she will send it to the court?

Yes you can both sign the form and send it to the court