How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner whom I have lived with for the past ten years separated

Customer Question

My partner whom I have lived with for the past ten years separated from her husband in 1989/90 he made himself non contactable and left my partner to pick up the tab so to speak also with a then two year old baby at time of the divorce the law firm representing my partner was unable to finalise the issue with the property i.e his name being taken off the deeds how can she go about this as we wont to move on with our lives and sell this property
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Estimate about 150 K and my partner paid off the mortgage with my help about five to six years ago.Since the time he left he has not contributed at all they initially bought the flat under the right to buy in 1987 for about 34k reduced to 28k with their time renting taken in to consideration.They also got an improvement loan of 8k to put in central heating and replace the windows this didn't happen and he put these funds in to his own account never to be seen again my partner has proof of all this surely the firm acting for her initially failed in their duty of care towards my partner their client by not ensuring his name was removed off the deeds at the time ?the divorce was going through/

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Was any financial order or application made within the divorce proceedings at all.
Has your partner re-married?

Related UK Family Law Questions