Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I have already been divorced this March because I did not

Customer Question

I have already been divorced this March because I did not defended to the petition from my husband. He made up the reason on the petition and slept with another woman. During the marriage he did not allow me to join my name to our property and he insisted his private pension is only for himself even he did defrozen it during our marriage. His offer is only 2000, which apparently insulting me. I wonder if I should change my solicitor or not because he has been reacting my interest and did not work to my interest proactively.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I would like to hear a specific answer. What shall I start to tell you about?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What exactly would you like to know? I do not have many facts here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a question about the divorce case. I got married to ***** ***** on Dec 2006 after my coming to UK with a fiance visa. However he issued the petition to me Feb 2012 while he forced me to find a solicitor and leave our house with a violence. Even with a help of my solicitor what I achieved was that we divorced in March 2013 because I did not defend the petition without agreeing the reasons he raised on the petition. The reasons were something like I did not go to holiday with him, I worked hard, I did not accept Christmas present: (because I worked on Sats, I had to work to pay bills as he spent too much on his hobby and jobless, our joint account was negative figure.) When we got married the house was ours and he explained to me he had a good private pension. However, he did not allow me to join my name to the house right even I helped to pay the mortgage. He defrozen the pension during the our marriage. However he insisted his offer is only 2000GBP. it seems insulting to me. I am afraid I feel my solicitor does not work to my best interest because what I achieve since last summer was the divorce status and I have been living in a room 10 miles away from the house alone. If I change a solicitor i wonder if I can see a better result or not. My solicitor seems a good career but I am not sure due to my own experience so far. English is not my native language.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am going to refer this to another expert for you. I am offline now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much do you each earn?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house value is around 120000 and outstanding mortgage is around 60000. His private pension is around 74000. My age will be 48 this Sep. I don't have any private pension yet because of supporting our marriage expenses. I would like to expect his pension because my state pension is half with Japanese and half with UK, which may become not enough to support my future life.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
HI
How much do you each earn?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ex: 26k

me: 12k

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Where are you living at the moment?
Claire