How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can grandfather provide financial support enabling

Customer Question

How can grandfather provide financial support enabling granddaughter to stay in her home when her parents separate?
Non-resident parent wants to force sale of the jointly-owned family home.
Grandfather considering buying-out that parent's share of the equity (and/or paying monthly mortgage repayments) so child does not have to move house.
Does not want either parent to get hands on money and spend on other things.
What are the ways in which grandfather can legally own a share of the house?
Can he (or his estate) get his money back when child is 18?
Good idea to put it in trust for child?
Any other ideas?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How old is the child how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?