How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 70303
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help finding 2 bed accommodation in Hounslow England.

Customer Question

Need help finding 2 bed accommodation in Hounslow England. On housing benefit, no referance and privet landlord
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Enfield children service, placed us in temporary accommodation becouse we are homeless and my son is 17. They have ended our temporary accommodation give 15 days to vacante the property on 15 April 2013. The landlord keep attending the property and said on 18 April They coming to change the locks we will be street homeless and need to fondo a private rented property we have been Livigno in the area for 7 months and both attending college in the area can you help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can i be put on the streets with my son
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

Those in temporary accommodation can be evicted much more easily than other tenants. They do need a reason but mostly they include refusing an offer of suitable accommodation, causing nuisance to the neighbours or paying the rent late or not at all.

The council may have to offer you alternative accommodation depending on whether or not its fulfilled its obligation to you following your homelessness application.

The fact of your son may cause them to offer alternative temporary accommodation but the risk is that social services will take the view that you are failing to provide for him and intervene I'm afraid.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.

Related UK Family Law Questions