How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34123
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am completing the Lasting Power Of Attorney form for both

This answer was rated:

Hi I am completing the Lasting Power Of Attorney form for both health & welfare and property & financial affairs in connection with my 74 year old Mother.
I need to get the forms witnessed.
I want to use my friend who has known my Mother for over twenty years, his profession is an Independent Financial advisor.

Can he sign the form as the form states 'I have known the donor for at least two years and as more than an aquaintance. My personal knowledge of the donor is:'?
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist but need some further information first.
Are you referring to Part B?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was refering to Part B - but is it also that the witness signs Part A section 9 as well as Part B?

Does your friend feel competent to assess your mother' mental capacity?Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes he is very comfortable & confident to do so.

Then if he feels he knows her well enough he can indeed complete the form, either saying that he was her financial adviser(if he was) or a family friend
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you