How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34133
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As me and my husband are getting divorce, I would like to make

This answer was rated:

As me and my husband are getting divorce, I would like to make financial arrangement after sales of the house. But my husband is not corporating with it much. I am asking him to go mediations but I am not sure he agrees to go. So I am thinking of applying Financial order- get the court to decide. But do we both need solicitors to do it?
Thank you for question
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How far have the divorce proceedings actually reached?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing yet, I have just prepared petition form.

Then you cannot issue the application yet in any event
Once the Petition has been issued you can do so - paying the fee of £240.
You do not need a solicitor in order to do so
I hope that this assist but please feel free to ask for further assistance
Clare and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions