Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I BELIEVE MY HUSBAND ONLY MARRIED ME TO GET A VISA TO ENTER

I BELIEVE MY HUSBAND ONLY MARRIED ME TO GET A VISA TO ENTER UK HE HAS NOW GOT INDEFINATE LEAVE AND UK CITIZENSHIP ALL THROUGH ME.HE NOW DESIDES HE CANT AFFORD TO PAY ME ANY MONEY AND HAS LEFT

Do you have any proof of this?

When did he obtain naturalisation?

What do you mean when you say that he cannot afford to pay you any money?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi no just by his change in attitute.he got his naturalisionin june 2012. he says he cant afford to pay the rent anymore.

Do you have a tenancy agreement on which you are both named as tenants, or is it just you named as tenant?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi it was both but just me now.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that unless you have incontrovertible proof that your husband has deceived you in and that he considered your marriage to be a sham then it’s not likely that the UKBA would take action to revoke his citizenship now.

Revocation is serious and the reality is that he is at liberty to defend it. If you simply suspect that the considered your marriage to be a sham but do not have proof then it’s your word against his and the UKBA are not going to spend the public’s money on attempting to revoke citizenship/ILR in these circumstance.

There is no harm in gathering what proof you have and writing to the UKBA, but you should be aware that if they suspect that you have willingly been part of the deception of the sham marriage then technically this is also a criminal offence by you.

I’m afraid that if you are solely named on the tenancy agreement then it is only you that the landlord can sue. If your husband is not named on the tenancy agreement then the landlord cannot sue him.

I am really sorry

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom