How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have married a turkish national. i am a british citizen,

This answer was rated:

i have married a turkish national. i am a british citizen, born in the uk. i work part time. i am unable to bring my husband into the uk because i do not earn enough. i do not have the option of moving to turkey as i have a 10 year old daughter at school and an ex husband who would not allow me to take her to live abroad. i have been married for 9 months.

Do you and your husband have any savings? If so please state how much, you can meet the financial requirement via savings as well as income..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my husband has about £5000.00 pounds in savings. i do not have any savings. i do have parents that have funds that are willing to be sponser. i was told that i needed to have 63,000 pounds in my account for 6 months in order for my husband to be considered for a visa


Would your parents be willing to gift that sum to you (ie. 63k) in a bank account in your sole name?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes they would if necessary put that money into my account



Thanks for your patience.

If you are not able to meet the salary requirements and are not in receipt of a specified disability-related benefit or carer's allowance then I think this might be your only option .

You will see from the notes on the following UKBA guidance on then financial requirement for spouses that it is a requirement that you have this money in your account for a period of 6 months before you are able to rely on it:-
Please refer to page 27. The advice you have received is correct.
You should arrange the transfer in to your solely named account from your parents as soon as possible. At the same time they should see a local solicitor about executing a deed of gift which confirms that the transfer is a gift and that the monies are yours to do with as you wish.
In four months time you should see a local immigration solicitor about drating his application for a spouse visa so that he can submit it as near to the 6 month period as possible and in such a form that will facilitate a swift approval.

It’s a very difficult situation and you have my sympathies, the salary threshold will eventually be challenged and be found unlawful but it’s going to take quite some time before we get there. At least you are lucky in that you do appear to have an option.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you