How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-wife falsely told our 11-year old daughter I molested

Customer Question

My ex-wife falsely told our 11-year old daughter I molested her when she was 2 years old.
My daughter is distraught and doesn't call anymore. I told my daughter that her mother is lying. My daughter says she is confused. Now when I call them they don't answer the phone.
Do I have grounds to pursue charges against my ex-wife for emotional child abuse.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to hear about this .

Do you currently have custody/visitation Order from the Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are no legal arrangements regarding custody or visitation. My ex-wife has physical custody. My daughter and ex-wife live in London and have done so since 2007. I do understand I will need to get an attorney in London if I am to pursue filing charges for emotional child abuse, but wanted to get some guidance prior to doing so.
I have visited London to see my daughter in 2008, 2009, 2010, twice in 2011 and twice this year.
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 4 years ago.
Thank you fior the information.

Since this question now pertains to UK Law, I would have to opt out and move it over to UK Family Law because I am only licensed to practice law in the U.S. I took your question because you had indicated that the case was relating to Maryland.

Please do not respond to me because doing so would delay a response from another Expert.

Goodluck with your case
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Your way forward is to apply to the court in the Uk for a defined contact order with your child.
These allegations will be dealt with within that application - but please be aware the polygraph will not be accepted in evidence
There are no criminal charges that can be brought I am afraid

Related UK Family Law Questions