Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

how can i check what is in a will to see that my late husbands

how can i check what is in a will to see that my late husbands mother will allows for my 4 sons get there share? as I have been kept out of the picture
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Whoever is the executor in he Will shall be responsible for the administration of the estate, which includes deciding who should see the Will or be informed of it’s contents. Usually they would decide that the beneficiaries should see the Will.

If a grant of probate in the estate has been obtained a copy of his Will will be attached to it. You can search the probate calender to see if one has yet been obtained and they pay a fee to receive a copy of it. Follow the instructions on the following site:-
http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/copies-of-grants-wills

If no grant has been obtained you should make a "standing search" of the calender, which will notify you and send you a copy of the grant if one is take out within 6 months of the date of the search:-
http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/probate/standing-searches.htm

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom