How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Solicitor, I am a British Citizen living abroad with

This answer was rated:

Dear Solicitor,

I am a British Citizen living abroad with a Turkish spouse and recently accepted a job offer in Bristol. My spouse will apply for VAF4A visa. I am planning to sign a short term-3 months tenancy agreement (which we should include as part of documentation for the visa application) before rest of the family and the furniture arrives. Would the short term tenancy agreement perceived as negative by UKBA during working my wife's visa application? What is your experience on this?

Thanks for your patience.

The requirement is that she/you must be able to accommodate yourselves without the need to access public funds. The fact that the tenancy is fairly short is not ideal, but it does not mean that the UKBA would reject the application solely because of this.

You will have to include it and in a separate statement confirm that this is simply a short term option until your furniture comes and allows you to search for a more permanent home. You should also include adverts for other tenancies and/or properties that you may purchase and confirm in your statements by reference to the monies that you have/will have available to confirm that you will be able to afford more permanent accommodation once you have used the short term tenancy to look for it.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions