Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i m romanian citizen,my husband is british.we live in Bermuda.can

i m romanian citizen,my husband is british.we live in Bermuda.can our baby get a british passport?

Where was your daughter born?

Is your husband British by birth, having been born in the UK to UK born parents?

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

baby born in Bermuda

my husband is british by birth,born in uk,to uk born parents

Thanks for your reply.

If he is the father of the children then they are eligible for UK citizenship and UK passports under the British Nationality Act 1981. This is because they were born outside the UK to a British National Parent holding “UK citizenship otherwise than by descent” (ie. British By Birth).

The will have full UK citizenship rights but they will have “UK citizenship by descent” which means that they will not be able to automatically pass on their citizenship so such of there own children who are born outside the UK. If their children are born within the UK then they will acquire UK citizenship.

They will have to apply for passport via the regional processing centre nearest to you. Details here:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/passports1/

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thats good news.can you help us with a site where we can apply for her passport?

The above link is to the FCO page on passports, you will be able to use the country finder on it to work out where to apply to.

Please rate me answer.

Tom