How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like a form of certificate of legal capacity for marriage

This answer was rated:

I would like a form of certificate of legal capacity for marriage in the Philippines please.

Thanks for your question.

I believe you are referring to a Certificate of Non-Impediment to marry. This is required by the Government of the Phillipines in order for a UK national to marry there.

You will see from the following link that these can only be obtained form the British Embassy in the Philipines and that there is detailed guidance on what you should do to prepare to execute one once you have arrived in the Philipines:-

I would recommend getting in contact with them by email now.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am still no further really with my quest to getting a certificate i have read what the Americans had to say but I needed some one to send a certificate by email so i can fill it in and then i can send it electronically to the Filipino Embassy, It is as simple as that . yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX Fry
Hi P S Fry.

It's not that simple I'm afraid. Because of the exploitation of Filipino brides only the embassy there can issue the certificate. Therefore you need to physically be there in order to execute with them. There is no getting around it. You cannot do it electronically, it's just not possible.

I appreciate that you may consider it draconian but your needs are best served by contacting them as above to seek to comply.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you