Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX am from Calgary Canada 35 of age and

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX am from Calgary Canada 35 of age and looking to relocate my life in UK London since Canada is a comonweath country does that help the situation

DO you have any British parents or granparents?

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont have any
Ok.

What nationality are you?

Are you in a relationship with anyone and what is their nationality/do they have any UK heritage?

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am a canadian citizen
Yes, but are you in a relationship with anyone and what is their nationality/do they have any UK heritage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no my mom is canadian my dad is american

Thanks for your question.

I’m afraid that if you do not have any UK heritage and are not in a relationship with another person who has permission to come to the UK and remain here then your only option if you do not have access to sugnigifant funds (ie. £200, 000) for investment in the UK economy, then your only option is to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa.

This means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/workingintheuk/shortageoccupationlist.pdf

You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/general/sponsorship/

If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the UKBA that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/general/eligibility/pointsassessment/pointsscore/#header3

You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for.

There is lots of information on Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visas here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/general/

.
Good luck.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom