How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Expert
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Childrens benefits

This answer was rated:

Dear Expert, I am a Russian Citizen on a highly skilled migrant Visa in the UK, with an annual salary of 80K per annum, my husband is a British Citizen with 60K per annum. We are expecting our first child in the UK this autumn and would like to know if we are eligible for any child benefits from the British State, any children's allowance that we are not aware of? Please advise. Dinara

Awan-Legal :



Awan-Legal :

Although you cannot claim under your name, your husband is a British citizen and can therefore apply for benefits for his child where your financial circumstances will be taken into account but the benefits are addressed and paid to him alone - the only benefit he will qualify for though based on your household income is child benefit as this is non-means assessed.


Customer: Thanks do you happen to know how much it is per month?
Awan-Legal :

£20.30 per week


Awan-Legal and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions