How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Expert
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FDR is next week, but my soon to be ex hasnt provided/answered

Resolved Question:

FDR is next week, but my soon to be ex hasn't provided/answered my questionairre in full. He has also failed to declare that he owns 50% of a property with his brother. He has not had his business valued either as was instructed at the first hearing. It is costing me a small fortune. How is the court likely to respond? The marriage failed due to my soon to be ex fathering a child within our marriage and failing to tell me. I found out once the child reached the age of 11. Meanwhile I am still paying for a divorce. I also have our three children to look after and despite working full time am starting to stress.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : The court has discretion to make a costs order against him for not giving full and frank disclosure, as well as not complying with court directions to provide certain financial information.
Awan-Legal : You should request that the court order full and frank disclosure.
Awan-Legal : If you ask for a cost order against the respondent, the court can order him to pay your legal costs etc or at least pay towards them.

Thankyou. Much appreciated.

Awan-Legal and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions