How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please can you find out for me if my partner ever received

Resolved Question:

Please can you find out for me if my partner ever received his divorce absolute. He received his decree nisi from the Peterborough County Court number 92 D 913 on 14th October 1993. His name isXXXXX Many thanks.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.
The Principal Registry of the Family division holds copies of all Decree Absolutes issued by the Courts in the UK. You can pay to search the register and for them to send you a copy of it.
Here is the guidance on how to do this:-

If no copy is held then this means that a divorce in the UK was never finalised.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you