How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7612
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got with my ex 8 years ago she already had a daughter from

This answer was rated:

I got with my ex 8 years ago she already had a daughter from a previous relationship, i took that child on, she then shortly after had my child, we where on and off for about 4 years then broke up completly, i see both children every month, If she goes to the CSA will i have to pay for the child that isnt mine? i am not named on the birth certificate??

Thanks for your question.
If you are not the father of the child and you have not agreed Parental Responsibility formally or to support the child then she will not be able to seek child maintenance for you for this child.

The CSA can only enforce child support against parents of the child. You are not the parent and will not therefore have to pay child support in respect of the chlid
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So even though i still see the child and she calls me dad? she doesnt know i am not her real dad?

No, the fact that you are close does not mean you are legally regarded as the father of the child and therefore does not mean you are responsible to pay child support if you are not minded to.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much
No problem

Related UK Family Law Questions